If you are lucky enough to have your own swimming pool at home, it is now about time to consider investing in a solar panel. The main function of pool solar panels is to provide heating in swimming pools.
Rather than using electricity in order to keep the water hot, solar panels can do the job. This is an excellent choice for those who are looking for alternatives. Generally speaking, the following are some of the benefits of using solar panels for your swimming pool.
- Keep your pool warm with a polypropylene heat collector. Direct Flow System - One Header Hole for Each Heating Tube
- Solar heater features 80 square feet of solar panels
- Pool accessory is perfect for heating any in-ground swimming pool
- Panel array measures 4 feet wide x 20 feet long. Raises Pool Water Temperature 6-10°F (4-6°C)
- Installation kit required (Sold Separately)
Product prices and availability are accurate as of 2021-06-11 at 00:18 PST - Details / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
It is Good for the Environment
If there is only one reason why you should consider the shift towards solar panels for your swimming pools, it would be the fact that it promotes environmental sustainability.
Common pool heaters use electricity or gas, which can both have negative impacts on the environment. Solar will not create smog or any carbon emissions. The use of solar is reflective of being part of the revolution towards a greener planet.
It Incurs Significant Cost Savings
The initial cost of using pool solar panels can prove to be expensive. However, when you adopt a long-term perspective, you will realize that it can yield a lot of savings in the future. It is an investment that will surely be worth every dollar that will be spent.
It Is Sturdy
Compared to traditional, heaters that are used in swimming pool, solar panels can prove to be more durable. In fact, it is estimated that they can be functional for up to 20 years. The good thing is that there is minimal maintenance that will be required, yet quality is never compromised.
Difference from Other Types of Solar Panels
Generally speaking, solar pool panels are just the same as ordinary solar panels. They harness the energy that is sourced from the sun. They pass through photovoltaic cells and they produce electricity.
The only difference is perhaps the intended purpose. When it comes to pool solar panels, the main purpose is to usually heat the water in the pool. Other than its intended use, there is not much difference when compared with the traditional solar panels.
Examples of Solar Pool Panels and Features
If you are looking for pool solar panels, the following are some of the options that can be taken into consideration:
SolarPRO Curve Solar Pool Heater
- SOLAR POOL HEATER: The GAME SolarPRO Curve Solar Pool Heater has been designed for above-ground and most inground pools. It increases the pool temperature by 5 degrees in 4 days (for an 8,000-gallon pool).
- DURABLE CONSTRUCTION: We’ve designed this above-ground solar pool heater with high-quality materials that will hold up against frequent exposure to the sun and outdoor elements.
- UNIQUE CURVED SHAPE: The GAME solar pool heater has been engineered with a unique curved shape that maximizes heat collection. The treaded ports have been added for versatile plumbing options.
- ADJUSTABLE LEGS: This solar heater is compatible with Intex, Bestways, and most above and inground pools. The adjustable and foldable legs allow the heater to be set for maximum exposure to the sun, along with a clear cover that locks in heat.
- THE PERFECT GRADUAL HEATER: This solar pool heater is not intended to be a miracle-cure heater. It’s designed to extend your pool season by gradually increasing the water temperature by a few degrees. Maximum heat output with space saving footprint
Product prices and availability are accurate as of 2021-07-29 at 06:03 PST - Details / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
One of the best things about this pool solar heater is its compact size. It has a space-efficient design. In addition, it can also be installed directly on the current plumbing line of your pool.
With such, installation can be completed even on your own, provided that you will follow the directions from the manufacturer. It is also a good thing that it comes with built-in legs, making it easy to have it positioned where it will be able to receive maximum sunlight.
Bluewave NS6028 SolarPRO Curve Solar Heater
- Unique curved shape allows for maximum heat absorption
- 51-Ft long 1.2-in Solar coils housed within heating station
- For above ground pools up to 30-ft round, 12,000-gal
- Fits 1.25-in To 1.5-in Hose fitting. Includes 2 installation hoses and stainless steel hose clamps. Includes fittings for soft sided, 2.25-in hoses. Connect multiple heaters to increase heating capacity.
- This item is branded Blue Wave. GAME is our fabricator for this item.
Product prices and availability are accurate as of 2020-10-15 at 04:01 PST - Details / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This model comes with a unique curved design, which is known for its maximum ability to absorb energy from the sun. It can heat pools with up to 12,000 gallons of water. The good news is that you will be able to connect multiple units together in order to increase its heating efficiency.
Heliocol Solar Pool Heater
- INDIVIDUAL TUBE DESIGN: Resists wind lift and protects roof surface from rain rot by allowing increased evaporation of excess moisture. Round tubes also capture more heat.
- UNIBODY CONSTRUCTION: Header is formed over each individual tube and fused together during construction, producing the strongest possible connection.
- OPEN FLOW DESIGN: Each individual tube opens into the header, virtually eliminating back pressure, saving wear and tear on pool pumps.
- MOUNTING SLEDS: Maintain the configuration of individual riser rubes. Prevent wear and tear to both the panel and roof during periods of expansion and contraction.
- PANEL CLAMPS: Patented design allowing panels to be mounted closer together and without the need for rubber hoses and metal clamps. This design increases overall system efficiency and virtually eliminates regular maintenance and replacement.
Product prices and availability are accurate as of 2021-07-29 at 09:26 PST - Details / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This is one of the pool solar panels that are available in the market today. When it comes to ease of installation, performance, durability, and aesthetics, this has been ranked by many as one of the best within the product category.
They can be installed in different types of roofs without having a negative impact on functionality. The manufacturer also takes pride in having served a lot of commercial clients in the past, which allowed them to build a solid reputation.
How to Use Solar Pool Panels Effectively
When using solar pool panels, the following are some of the tips that you have to keep in mind:
Choose the Right Size
One of the things that you should do is to consider the size of the panel that you need. This would depend on a variety of factors. For instance, your budget will dictate which size can you afford.
Generally speaking, the larger ones will be more expensive. The size of your pool will also be an essential consideration. If it is large, a larger solar panel will be an ideal choice.
Ask Help from Professional Installers
Solar pool panels are not straightforward as they seem. In fact, they can be complicated, especially if you have a big pool at home. In this case, for its more effective use, it is highly recommended that you seek for professional help when it comes to installation.
The know-how of professional installers will give you the assurance that the system will be running properly.
Use The Pump During the Sunniest Time
For effective use of pool solar panels for heating, it is important to run it during the hottest point of the day. This means that the heating system will not have to exert too much effort in making the water hot.
Consider the Direction of the Wind
Pool solar panels can be ineffective if they are placed in an area where the wind is directed. With this, make sure to choose the perfect location on where the panels will be positioned.
Run Only When Needed
One of the reasons why people are using solar panels is to be able to promote energy efficiency. Therefore, if you are out of town or if the pool is not being used, do not run your pool heaters, which means that the energy sourced will not be wasted. Invest in a high-quality solar panel battery bank so that you can save energy and use it even when there is no sun.
Investing in pool solar panels is one thing that you should definitely consider. Many may cringe at the thought that the initial costs can be a bit high. Nonetheless, look at how it can yield significant returns in the long run. It is not only an economical way to heat water in the swimming pool, but it also demonstrates how you are being a part of the movement towards promoting environmental sustainability.