Best Portable Power Bank Reviews (Find Best Power Bank)
The world is a more connected place now than ever before, where the lines between office and personal space are being blurred and further challenged. The credit for this goes to the digital products that keep getting smarter. With overdependence on these smart gadgets comes the question of their longevity before they conk off. In order to, provide human beings a seamless supply of battery life that keeps these gadgets powered, we require Power Banks.
Often referred to as “Charging Stick” or “Digital Charging Companion”, they are basically portable devices that boost enough power into these gadgets like mobile phones, iPods/iPads, tablets, digital cameras, MP3/MP4 players, etc. to keep them up and running. Therefore, a know-how of the best portable power bank available in the market is important.
Types of Power Banks
The capacities, types, and sizes of power banks may differ based on usage pattern and longevity required. Here, we have tried to broadly categorize them as:
- Pocket Sized – Used to give your phone a boost at day end
- Everyday Use – Used to charge a Smartphone, couple of times daily
- For the bag – Used for charging multiple devices
- For the luggage – Used for traveling to be used over 2-3 days for charging multiple devices
Why Should You Be Using A Portable Power Bank
In today’s day and world power banks have gained importance like never before just like the smartphones. Advancement in smartphone technology has led to an organic demand of power banks. The now so-called trivial tasks are dependent on it.
- Moments are captured like never before. To take pictures or selfie, we require an extended battery life which is ably provided by this device.
- Social media is rampant and there’s no denying its presence and the need to be connected to it. Right from maybe branding to posting your latest holiday picture, a dead phone battery isn’t of much help or for that matter.
- You can never be sure when you need to reply to that odd email, either official or personal or both, at an even more odd hour and when you maybe in total oblivion.
- While traveling, to need to get to places for which we often use GPS apps, check on travel itineraries, take pictures and shoot videos, so again it serves to be a good travel companion.
- Tuning into some good music, as is said, that music is the soul of life. This could be just to unwind or maybe while traveling in a metro or going from place A to B.
- To play and download games, which really drain/suck out the battery.
Factors We Should Consider about Portable Power Bank
You don’t want to be left in a lurch or incapacitated because the phone battery died. Let’s just say that this should rather be the last thing to avoid you from taking great shots while camping or hiking or from replying to official mails. Power banks come handy here but how should you choose them?
- Look for their capacity and determine how many times they can power your devices. Speaking technically, the more mAH rating a power bank has, the better is its capacity.
- Check if your chosen power bank has USB charging option as this is what is going to add flexibility. You definitely won’t like to carry separate cable every time you travel.
- Look for their price and other additional features that they provide. They should provide protection from short circuit, overcharging and the likes.
Review of 5 Best Rated Portable Power Banks
RAVPower 16750mAh Portable Charger External Battery Power Bank
RAVPower Power Bank comes with a 16750 mAh capacity, is relatively light weight with a smooth unique design and has an ebony finish. It has a built-in flashlight specifically for operating in low-light environments as well as 4 status LEDs keep you informed of remaining capacity. It is based on iSmart technology which helps in automatically detecting and delivering the optimal current required by the connected device, thereby ensuring fastest and most efficient charging. It comes equipped with Lithium-ion battery that can charge for 500 charge cycles.
- Fast and can charge 2 tablets simultaneously due to a total combined output of 4.5 A
- Based on iSmart Technology
- Comes with an A (plus) Lithium-Ion battery that has in excess of 500 charge cycles
- Short-circuit and over-current protection
- Fairly expensive in its peer group for its capacity
EasyAcc Monster 20000mAh Power Bank Portable Charger
EasyAcc Monster 20000mAh Power Bank comes with a 20800 mAh capacity and can charge 4 digital devices at a time and generates a total output of 4.8A. It has safety protection and fast charging capability. It also comes with long time warranty. Customer service is excellent.
- High capacity and can fast charge 4 digital devices simultaneously
- Super fast to recharge
- 4A dual ports recharge it in about 6 hours
- 4 USB Ports giving an output of 4.8A
- Auto detect and optimize the charging speed to the connected device for fastest charging up to 2.4A
- Ultra reliable A+ Lithium-Ion battery cell with over 500 battery charge life cycles
- Effectively prevents devices from overcharging, over-current and short circuits
- Charger adapter is not included
Vinsic® 20000mAh Ultra Slim Power Bank Portable External Battery Charger
Vinsic® 20000mAh Ultra Slim Power Bank comes in ultra-slim design, with a covering of aluminum alloy for robust handling. It features a digital display, indicating the remaining capacity in the bank, so you always know how many more charges you can expect before needing to refill the device. It also has an auto on/off functionality.
- High capacity and provides for a stable and powerful supply to fast charge 2 digital devices simultaneously
- 5v 2.1A, USB charger with dual-port
- Can be conveniently carried anywhere, anytime
- Built-in figure LED indicator
- No LED flashlight
- Quite heavy
Anker PowerCore 20100 - Ultra High Capacity Power Bank
Anker PowerCore Power Bank comes with Rounded corners and a tough outer plastic shell that makes it fairly robust for handling. It comes with a 4 LED status system to indicate the capacity remaining. It comes with a travel pouch and micro USB cable and long time warranty.
- Smaller and light-weight
- Dual-port USB that can charge 2 devices simultaneously
- Powered with PowerIQ and VoltageBoost, to deliver the fastest possible charge
- MultiProtect safety system
- Relatively longer recharge time
- Does not support pass-through charging
AmazonBasics Portable Power Bank
AmazonBasics portable Power Bank is small and fairly light-weight amongst its peers. It comes with USB charging cable and enough time warranty.
- Smaller and light-weight
- Powered by a lithium-ion polymer battery for increased safety
- Protection for power overload
- 4 LED lights for battery level indication
- Recharging reminder via Indicator flash
- Slightly lower capacity amongst its peers
Guide To Buy Best Portable Power Bank
The idea of getting a power bank is to get an enhanced battery life without having to get stuck to the wall for a recharge. The more seamless the experience, the better it is from the user’s point of view. The idea is to travel light. If we can have it pocket sized the better it is to carry. But while considering for the best heavy-duty Power bank for travel purpose where a couple is concerned, go for RAVPower Power Bank comes in very handy as its very light and operates well even in dark or low-light.
All the mentioned power banks are well known, durable and reputed brands. Yet, EasyAcc Monster 20000mAh Power Bank is a fairly well acclaimed in the market. And as the name suggests, it’s a monster in its category. Features like surge protection, battery power remaining indication, 18 months warranty along with an excellent customer service are the factors that can tilt you in its favor.
Look for fast charging facility, surge protection, overcharge protection, safety protection and 2 ports while looking for the best power bank. They are all a universal fit for iPhone 6 5S/5/4S/4, iPad, iPod, digital cameras, tablet PCs, Samsung devices, HTC phones, gaming consoles and MP3/MP4 players, etc. For this attribute, though, EasyAcc Monster 20000mAh Power Bank again stands out with 4 ports. If you have more than 2 devices to be charged simultaneously EasyAcc Monster 20000mAh Power Bank should be your natural choice.
All the mentioned brands are of uncompromised and high quality, with an established performance. But, if you are looking for something with a more rugged use, being made out of a tough outer plastic shell, you should choose Anker PowerCore Power Bank. Based upon PowerIQ and VoltageBoost technologies, these power banks facilitate fast charging.
Easy to Use
Since these are all heavy-duty power banks, weight could be a deciding factor here, the lighter the easier to carry. Anker PowerCore 20100 and AmazonBasics Portable Power Bank hold a slight edge others in this regard. Vinsic® 20000mAh Ultra Slim Power Bank comes with a digital display which makes it user-friendly but is heavy compared to other two. If weight is not a problem then the latter option is best otherwise go for any one of the two listed previously.
With so many options for portable chargers available in market today, the key to selecting the “best portable power bank” lies, with the user. It’s important to be careful to choose the one that suits your requirements most closely. There will be some who would opt for greater capacity, some want a good finish, and colors, luster etc. and others look for light-weight options or size for that matter. Then robustness and user-friendliness also shall be accounted for as well. It would be best to go out there and pick the one that suffices the requirements of the gadgets that you use every day so that they never cease to work due to a drained battery.
Taking into consideration all the attributes and after doing the due diligence, my vote would go firmly in favor of EasyAcc Monster 20000mAh Power Bank for an all-round performance whether it is on the road or off it.