Cen Tech Battery Charger
Products in the Cen Tech range are always reliable, modern, and practical. When you are shopping for Cen Tech battery charger, there are special points to keep in mind or on your list. To communicate this message better, we are going to focus on a couple of products from this renowned brand.
Product Focus: Cen-tech 10/2/50 Amp 12V Manual Charger
- It comes equipped with an engine start feature
- It can readily work with an AGM battery
- It has a circuit breaker that self-resets, adding to your safety and convenience. Speaking of safety, it is also spark-proof
- Once the battery in question is fully charged, this charger reverts to the ‘trickle’ option and shares only drops of power as needed. This prevents overheating and overloading of the receiving battery
- Battery leads are quite long (6’ 7”) and the clamps are designed for sturdiness and durability
- This charger is more than compatible with 12-volt batteries
As you peruse each point, Cen Tech’s practical touch can be observed. This is what battery chargers are all about: safety and durability. They then become quite reliable. The durability side of things has to extend to all factors of the battery, from the way it stores and shares power to the manner in which it can rise to the occasion, especially emergencies.
While the CENTECH 10/2/50 Amp 12V Manual Charger does all this and more, it has proven at times to be unreliable for emergencies. This is quite a serious downside for an otherwise amazing battery charger. Let us explore another relatively simple battery charger.
Product Focus: Cen-tech Automatic Battery Float Charger
- While it is smaller in a lot of regards and absent a case to hold all its components together this product is strangely more reliable
- After a simple connect and plug-in, you can get started charging the battery needed
- While still maintaining battery life, this charger prevents any and all battery self discharges
- An auto safety shut off features comes as welcome relief
- With a 12 vdc maximum output, this charger shows that it is as capable as it is stable, making it reliable overall
- Using this product, you can maintain batteries rated 5-125 amp-hours
Perhaps all these outstanding features and then some added to the high cost of this Charger. Be that as it may, a slight discrepancy has been observed in the way this charger functions. As specified, it has an output voltage of 13 volts (approx.). However, during under load conditions a 14-volt output has been observed that can result in damage to the receiving battery due to over-voltage.
Unlike the CENTECH 10/2/50 Amp 12V Manual Charger, there is a simple way to avoid this problem with the product in focus. You do not leave it alone, even if the product packaging says it is alright to do so.
Used on fully charged batteries to float them, the Cen tech Battery Charger (float) has better value for money.