Best 9v Battery Reviews (Top 5 Best Rated)
Whether you are looking for fresh batteries for your flashlight or some cells for your smoke alarms, or even some spare batteries for your upcoming adventure trips, 9v batteries can be of big help to you. In general, these come in rectangular shapes with rounded edges that can suit a variety of roles. The construction revolves around 6 cells of 1.5 volts each. Now, the batteries can come in two types including lithium and alkaline. While the former option caters to the more high drain devices, the latter focuses on the low drain appliances. Here is everything you need to know about 9v batteries.
What is a 9V battery
A 9v battery is one of the most powerful and effective power sources catering to the smaller devices at home. These include small electronic devices and also home security appliances. The inception of 9v batteries took place way back in 1956 when transistor radios worked on these energy devices.
Why do we use 9V batteries
9V batteries can be used in a variety of appliances for both home and professional use. Here are some ideas:
- Smoke alarms
- Radio controllers
- Walkie talkies
- Computer mouse
- Gaming controls
Factors to consider while buying 9v batteries
There are a number of points to be born in mind while getting yourself those solid 9v batteries.
- Shelf life: The longer the shelf life of the battery, better are its chances of serving your devices
- Battery types: 9V batteries can come in alkaline and lithium formats. While the former is a more cost effective option, the latter has a longer life span. So, it is advisable to keep to lithium batteries
- Size: It is essential to keep in mind the size of the batteries required. This depends entirely on your devices and the configurations
- Purpose: If you are looking to power a strong digital camera, you would need to look for bigger batteries that can cater to the different functions. On the other hand, if you intend to power your remote controls only, cheaper varieties could do the job perfectly
These 9v batteries come with a number of other applications as well.
Top 5 best 9v battery reviews
EBL 9V 6F22 600mAh High Volume Lithium-ion Batteries
The first product on our list of the best-rated 9V batteries comes from the house of EBL, a name well trusted in this industry. This is a pack of 4 batteries especially suitable for audio devices, medical equipment and also in smoke detectors or alarms. The most interesting feature of this device is its ability to retain 75% of its charge even after leaving it unused for 3 years, all thanks to its low self-discharge.
- These batteries are rechargeable which can be used repeatedly
- These products can be recharged for up to 1200 times
- It has no memory effect and thus can be charged at any time
- Even if you do not use the batteries for long periods, they will not get completely discharged
- Initially, the batteries do not come in a fully charged condition and thus needs to be charged heavily before use
AmazonBasics 9 Volt Everyday Alkaline Batteries
This is yet another exciting pack of 8 batteries coming from AmazonBasics. Ideally, it can work with a number of different devices in the likes of cameras, clocks and also gaming controllers. Apart from that, these can be made to work with a number of other household devices as well. This product packs quite the punch and works efficiently.
- The batteries are well packed and are easy to unpack and handle
- Battery life is impressive and will work well with a lot of devices
- These are cost effective products that give you good service
- The batteries are not rechargeable and thus proves to be a problem
- The 9V batteries are a little longer than what you would expect and thus some adjustments would be required to be used in devices
Duracell Procell 9 Volt Batteries
Next up in the list of the best 9V batteries is a power packed product from Duracell, the name we all trust when it comes to batteries and cells. This is meant specifically for industry use, coming packed with long lasting cells. With a shelf life of 7 years, you indeed can get a lot out of these smart batteries. With a good packaging, you can easily use these products for extended periods of time.
- A long shelf life will keep you glued to these Duracell batteries
- The product is packed well and securely to facilitate the users
- At quite low prices, you get products that more than just justify the money
- Some of the users have reported that 9 or 10 batteries out of that pack refused to work or gave up after a week’s usage
Rayovac Size 9V Heavy Duty Batteries
These are heavy duty batteries and are known to efficiently power low-drain devices. This gives a very cost effective solution. Some of the devices on which these batteries work well include the likes of flashlights, remotes, clocks, etc. If you have a lot of portable electronics at home, this is the way to go forward. Surely, these do not last weeks, but they give good performances for 5-10 uses for the price you fish out for them.
- For low drain devices, like a computer mouse and portable appliances, these batteries work well at a reasonable price
- The low cost of the batteries is one of the biggest advantages of the devices
- The product comes in a good packaging that keeps the items safe during transmit
- A low shelf life might pose to be a problem for many users
- These batteries cannot be recharged for further uses
Energizer Ultimate Lithium Battery
Another name that has been well heard off in the recent past when it comes to batteries and cells is Energizer. The best thing about this product is the fact that it weighs a lot less than the usual batteries, but come packed with long lives. High-tech devices seem to work efficiently with these batteries. This forms the ultimate solution for you in order to deal with those nagging issues of devices being drained off every few days.
- For some devices, the product can give a battery life as high as estimated 10 years
- Light weight
- The product is well suited to work in different environmental conditions starting from -40 degree Fahrenheit to 140 degrees Fahrenheit
- The construction is also efficiently done in order to make the battery leak-proof
- These batteries can be used for single applications and cannot be recharged on a daily basis
Analysis for Buying
Before we go out to purchase the set of the most power packed batteries which are both effective and cost efficient, here are some ideas to keep in mind.
The purpose of usage
You might be looking to power heavy devices or you could opt for the simpler appliances. If you are looking for something that has a long shelf life and can work for many days, your best choice would be the Energizer Ultimate Lithium battery. The products from Duracell would also not be a bad idea in this regard. However, if you want to power smaller devices like a computer mouse, Rayovac would provide you with extremely low-cost products which work well. On the whole, based on your usage, the Energizer products would serve your purpose the best.
A lot of people are firm believers in maintaining a brand for whatever product they are investing in. This might be the same for batteries. If you are looking to go for a name that has proved itself in the business and has been well acclaimed for a long time in manufacturing batteries and cells, it would be best to stick with Duracell or Energizer here. On the whole, these products have lasted longer than usual for most users and give a good battery backup. If you are willing to spend those few extra bucks, you could opt for these names.
While looking for the best batteries to power your devices, it is essential to opt for a few extra features that can give you a better experience with these products. For instance, the most desirable trait in a battery is its rechargeable nature. The EBL 9v batteries prove to be very useful in this regard, all thanks to the fact that you can use and reuse them repeatedly on recharging. On the other hand, there are batteries that cannot be recharged but serve its purpose for a limited period of time. In comparison, it is always advisable to opt for the former choice.
Quality is one of the most important features to consider when you are purchasing any product. However, this is a rather relative term. If you want some quality batteries that have stood the test of time, then the best option would be Energizer and EBL. Yes, these might be a little heavy on the pockets, but in general, tend to give better performances and thus are high in quality. This includes good packaging, leak-proof construction, good shelf life, low drain and the likes.
Easy to use
Ease of use is yet another important criterion to consider while purchasing your batteries. When you get a new set of batteries and they come well packed and are easy to unpack, it automatically improves your user experience. AmazonBasics, in this regard, comes with a set of easy to use batteries that will power your devices well and also work for a prolonged period of time. The frustration free packaging forms an essential component of the whole process. Also, it can be used in a wide range of applications, starting from toys to digital cameras.
Overall, each product has its own set of pros and cons. While one can work for a longer period of time, others give more cost effective options for shorter timelines. However, the key here is to optimize both your cost and your quality. Also, make sure your batteries can suit different devices like clocks, fire alarms, remote controls and the likes. This makes your batteries a better buy for the price. It is advisable to keep a few batteries in spare in order to cater to situations of emergency.