Let’s face it; our carelessness lets us down several times when we go to our garage in the morning just to find out that the battery has all drained out. It could be because of the headlights that remain ON all night or it could be due to having an older battery which is incapable of holding the charge properly or too cold weather condition. So what could be the solution? Best car battery charger reviews can help you find the best solution in the form of a best battery charger, to get your car started quickly.
In order to avoid the last minute panic for getting to the office or dropping off kids at school, you need to have a battery charger to make things seamless in the morning or anytime, anywhere. There are some amazingly different and effective battery charger models available in the market. We are here to present you with the car battery charger reviews, so that you feel at ease while investing in any such product.
A number of things are needed to be kept in mind for ensuring the best buy of the car battery charger. The first and the foremost is the identification of the problem. There are chances that you might need to replace your battery first instead of buying a charger. But, having a charger with you all the time in the car or in your garage is inevitable. The rule of thumb is to shop such products according to the popularity of brand, diversity in features, usability, quality and the affordability factor. This is what we will be focusing on in this guide and you will surely find it different and much more meaningful than the traditional guides. Hopefully, by the time you will be reading the last sentence of the conclusion, you will be ready to pick the best battery charger from the lot of products that we will be discussing here.
Top 5 Products Best Car Battery Charger Reviews / Comparison Of 5 Best Battery Charger
There are quite a few manufacturers of the battery chargers in the market, but we literally have picked the cream of the industry in order to facilitate you only with the top quality products. The below mentioned is a well-researched and a well thought list of the top 5 car battery chargers available in the market:
1. Bolt Power G06 Car Battery Power Bank Charger
A key switch is introduced by the manufacturer on-board to switch in between different voltage levels. The system also comes with 3 emergency LED lights offering 3 different modes of high, SOS and strobe. Apart from this, the LED light is also used for the purpose of indicating about the status. Further, the 7 in 1 laptop adapters option brings more versatility and it offers great compatibility with all modern and conventional laptop brands. The following are some aspects of this product which makes it a unanimous choice for the potential buyers looking for a top quality product:
- The safety of the user is of prime concern always and this one is tailor-made to provide exceptional performance in all situations with lots of safety as well. It offers safety with the features such as over current protection, overload safety, overcharge protection, short circuit safety and the overvoltage safety.
- You are offered this battery charger with an easy to claim warranty of 12 months.
- The product is compliant with FAA standards and regulations and you can even carry it on a plane.
Apart from this, there are a few disadvantages of the product as well which are mentioned below:
- It is heavier with or without the case so portability is not that convenient.
- The clamps that come with the charging cables are of low quality and vulnerable to easy breaking.
2. Schumacher SC-10030A Speed Charge
- The computer monitoring of the battery of your car is critically important in order to maintain the integrity and the performance of the battery. It denies all the chances of your battery getting overcharged, which obviously would deteriorate its performance.
- The product is compatible to take on all the major battery types such as the deep cycle, Absorbed Glass Mat (AGM) and the Gel Cell batteries.
- 5 year limited warranty is also what you get with the package which will allow you to use this product with great confidence.
Like any other product, this one comes with a couple of shortcomings as well that are given below:
- There is an element of unreliability and inconsistency in charge of the batteries at times. You don’t get the expected results all the times.
- The charger is too loud, particularly because of the fan inside which runs constantly all the time.
3. PowerAll PBJS12000R Portable Car Charger
There are ultra-bright on-board LED lights, SOS signal light and the strobe light which lasts for more than 120 hours. The manufacturer has introduced the equipment with excellent safety features such as the over current protection, overload protection, overcharge protection, short circuit safety, and overvoltage safety as well. You can use it for the charging purposes of your smart devices as well, apart from the range of big and small vehicles. It is offered with a year-long warranty. There are quite a few great aspects of this portable car charger which are discussed below:
- The equipment is suitable for all purposes. It is easy to carry due to its compact size and you would find it easier to use in the dark with the help of the ultra-bright LED lights.
- Several accessories are included in the package such as the jump start cable, USB cable, iPhone plug, Samsung plug, Sony Ericsson plug, Nokia plug, LG plug, micro USB plug, mini USB plug, AC and the DC charger.
The following are some of the critical drawbacks of this portable charger:
- It could be unpredictable at times with a few batteries and longevity is also an issue as several people found their product malfunctioning after a few months of use.
- There is no carrying case for the equipment which raises concerns about the protection, safety and ease of carrying the equipment.
4. Brightech Scorpion Car Battery Charger
You will have the ease of using this equipment if the charging needs to be done in some dark area. The LED lights will facilitate you which function as the flashlight and it could also send the SOS signals, if needed. There are 5 different LED blue color lights which are actually intended for the purpose of telling the user that how much power is left after every jump start is given.
- It is a highly efficient and resourceful device weighing 14 ounces, which is capable of lasting for more than 1000 cycles.
- The package comes with some really useful accessories such as the external power compact battery with a peak of 400 AMP, pair of jumper clamps, LED light, 7 x USB adapters, 1 x USB cable, 1 x rechargeable cable and a very convenient carrying case (zippered).
- The manufacturer proudly offers the product with a warranty of 3 years, which is not that common to see.
However, this battery charger also has its share of some disadvantages which are mentioned below:
- There is some sense of unreliability as it shows the incompatibility by not charging a few types of batteries which it is supposed to do.
- The battery of the device has issues and it may explode if you are not using it for quite a few months.
5. Jump-N-Carry JNCAIR
- It is 2 in 1 equipment. It doesn’t only offers you with the facility of charging your dead battery, but it also offers you the liberty of inflating your flat tires.
- This equipment offer users with no hassle charging particularly, with its built in AC charger.
- You are offered with a warranty of 1 year. Apart from this, each product includes a repair coupon worth some fixed price. You can use this coupon to have a free repair from the manufacturer after 1 year warranty period is over.
You must also make note of the following drawbacks associated with this equipment:
- The battery of the unit drains very quickly, especially when you are using the equipment for inflating the tire of a small bicycle even.
- The cables of the equipment are of low quality and they tend to break easily from the inside causing an open circuit.
Types Of Car Battery Chargers
The following are the two broad categories of the battery chargers:
Plug In Battery Chargers
The plug in car battery chargers might not be that convenient in their usage, but they are good for their versatility. They offer you with an excellent option to work with where the multiple charging modes such as 6V and 12 V etc could be exploited. In the similar manner, they are also good for giving multiple amperage modes such as 10Amp or 75 Amp, etc. The float charge option is also a great feature which helps in making the charging process quite easy. The main shortcoming of such devices is quite obvious. But, the modern plug in chargers are found to be quite compact in size and they are easier to carry and use. However, you would require having a power socket to plug that unit in for doing the job. –> Let see best battery tender reviews here
The portable chargers are also alternately known as the jump box or the jump starters. They are quite convenient to use, since they are operated with a battery. The whole components of such product is conveniently encased in a box and the products are relatively low in maintenance needs as compared to the plug in chargers. The major drawback is that such batteries are not good for charging a completely dead battery. It is because of the reason that it shortens the lifespan of the battery of your car. But a quality portable charger could be a real life saver. It is easier to carry, easier to use and you could deploy it easily as and when needed. –>Let see best portable Jump Starter reviews here
How To Choose The Best Car Battery Charger
The following are some critical parts to consider under the buying guide of this product:
The following are the prominent features to consider:
- Peak amperes – The peak amps gives the highest level of current draw over a millisecond. The higher the value of the peaks amps, more the current will be withdrawn. The JNC charger described above offers peak amps of 1700 and it is the best among all.
- Fast and slow charging rate – There are some chargers that offers both the slow and fast charge rates. The slow charge rate is safer with less stress on the battery. The faster charge rates should only be used in emergency situations. The Schumacher charger offers with such a capability.
- Ease of use- A product could only be effective if it comes with easy to use features and convenient options for the users. The LED lights bring convenience in the dark which the Bolt Power G06, PowerAll and the Brightech chargers have to offer. Further, the 68 inches long cables of the JNC charger also add to the convenience.
- Safety Features – When you are dealing with car batteries, the safety features are always of top concern due to the possibility of an electric spark and the chances of getting an electric current. The Bolt Power and the PowerAll chargers are the best ones for their safety features.
- Versatility – The JNC is the most versatile device of all. It is compact and offers dual functionality of working both as a charger and as an air compressor.
Shopping by brand is always the wisest approach in buying any such product. All the brands discussed above are reputable with many years of experience in the field. It is a very safe statement to make as numerous customers of all these brands can be seen with the satisfactory use of the products. If you need to pick one or two top brands among these 5 then the Clore Automotive of JNC charger and the Bolt Power brands are the top ones.
Here are list of best brands for your choice
Quality obviously is the prime factor to consider here. In order to keep things simple, just associate that with the experience, history and repute of the brand. The warranty offered over the product is also a very big indicator of quality. If we look above, then Schumacher is the charger which comes with 5 years of warranty and then the Brightech charger offers 3 years warranty. These two are certainly better than the other three in terms of quality where all are offered with a warranty period of 1 year.
Almost all of the 5 battery chargers discussed above are compatible with the batteries of cars, trucks, SUVs, RVs and motorcycles, etc. Further, they are also used for the charging purposes of your laptops and a range of smart devices. The JNC again takes the vote for the best one in terms of its usability as it could also be used for inflating the tires with its air compressor feature.
Price obviously is the most important factor for the users. The JNC is the most expensive of them all but it is worth the price as it offers 2 in 1 functionality. The price of any such product is determined when you analyze all its prime features. The prices for Schumacher, PowerAll and Brightech chargers are incomparable and so are there features. The Schumacher charger is slightly a better one and a better buy because of its slow and fast charge rate ability. The Bolt Power is the midrange product in terms of price. Some distinctive and highly regarded features that it offers are versatility in voltage, compatibility and the excellence in the safety features.
Conclusively, all of the different chargers discussed above are quality products. Many people reading this review will find one better than the other and all would get some decent amount of votes. In terms of versatility, the JNC charger is the best. If you are looking for economical yet productive equipment, then think about going with the Bolt Power charger. The critical features which serve as the driving force in buying such equipment are its built-in amps, peak amps, ease of use, LED lights, safety features and the warranty offered. Always check that what is included in the package in order to make the most of your deal. We hope that this guide served you as the best car battery charger reviews which actually will help you in making your decision to find the best battery charger.